Android and Bazel
This page contains resources that help you use Bazel with Android projects. It links to a tutorial, build rules, and other information specific to building Android projects with Bazel.
Working with Bazel
The following resources will help you work with Bazel on Android projects:
- Tutorial: Building an Android app. This tutorial is a good place to start learning about Bazel commands and concepts, and how to build Android apps with Bazel.
- Codelab: Building Android Apps with Bazel. This codelab explains how to build Android apps with Bazel.
- Android rules. The Build Encyclopedia describes the rules you can use to build and test Android apps with Bazel.
mobile-installfor Android. Bazel’s
mobile-installfeature provides automated build-and-deploy functionality for building and testing Android apps directly on Android devices and emulators.
- Integration with Android Studio. Bazel is compatible with Android Studio using the Android Studio with Bazel plugin.
- Bazel supports Android instrumentation testing.
- Learn how to use the Android NDK with Bazel.
- Learn How Android Builds Work in Bazel.
Android and new rules
Note: Creating new rules is for advanced build and test scenarios. You do not need it when getting started with Bazel.
The following modules, configuration fragments, and providers will help you extend Bazel’s capabilities when building your Android projects: